Tuesday, April 15

Ich Liebe Dich

I am going to be posting like crazy on Demi's blog because there are so many fun and exciting things to fill you in on! Right now Demi is upstairs playing with the little girl from across the street. Mrs. Farmer, the music teacher from school told her to help Demi learn to play the Recorder. So today, first thing after school, Ashton came over with her Recorder and asked if she could help Demi with it. They have been upstairs in the playroom practicing. I can hear Ashton teaching Demi saying things like, "This is were you put your hands for this note..." and "Lets study for the test now..." and "Will you practice this every night after dinner?". She is being so patient and is really doing a good job of teaching her. Ashton turns 9 next month.

Now they are playing Barbies and Demi is saying things like... "I know how to speak German. Do you know what ich liebe dich means?"

** It means I Love You. It is so funny! It's a inside family joke - my family had a German exchange student living with us when Demi was younger. She taught Demi some cute little phrases. Ich liebe dich being the one that stayed with her and is her favorite. She says it all the time! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up these Demi updates because I LOVE reading them. It sounds like it is going really well. The kids there seem just great!

holly said...

Cute story I haven't ever heard Demi say anything in German, I will ask her next time I see her.