Monday, April 21

Funny Things & Updates

A couple of cute things I wanted to remember to pass along...

- Today when we were driving she said she wished that I had 'that country music that talks about fire'. I knew that she was talking about the Walk The Line soundtrack so we put it in and she was sooo excited. She was telling us about how dad taught her about that CD and then she said, "I wish that guy wasn't dead because he is my favorite!" It cracked me up. Dad must have taught her about Johnny Cash personally, as well as his music! :) It never ceases to amaze me how she will just pull out something like that. Something that I don't expect her to know.

- Also today I was laying on the floor playing with the kids and Parker and Carson were jumping on me and 'wrestling' and she came over. She was laughing and said, 'you are the best mom I've ever had!' It cracked me up! Of course we all know she could be saying she hated me the next, but it was still nice and hilarious! :)

And an update...

She is really doing remarkably well. Better then I imagined she could. She hasn't really had one major episode since mom left - other then the fight with Parker and her where he ripped her shirt and she was on top of him and hitting him because she wanted his soccer ball in the backyard... but that's another story! She has missed mom and dad and Carly alot, but only when she is tired at night or I tell her no for some reason. And she really hasn't done that for the last couple of days. She even talked to Carly and dad on the phone yesterday and was fine after. She doesn't beg for food at all like she used to with mom and doesn't even ask for food after her pills at night. It is really weird. It used to be such a control/obsessive thing with her. She will come home from school and I will finally ask her if she wants something to eat. She will say yes then, but its funny, its like she is too busy to eat or something. She liked church yesterday. Parker wanted to go in her class with her and she said, "No Parker. I just want to go by myself and meet my new friends and stuff." So cute. She goes to bed every night in her own bed when she gets tired and sleeps there the whole night! The first couple of nights she got up and then I went and slept with her. It's nice that she has a queen size bed for that reason! She still loves school and doesn't ever flip out in the morn or when I get her clothes out. And she has been talking about how she wants to play volleyball, or soccer or do gymnastics. In that order. She wants me to check it out.

Anyway, she misses you all but is happy I think. We tell her all the time how happy we are that she is here with us and tell her how much we love her. I think she is having fun. Today we talked about the next several months and when mom is coming and she was excited about that. Here is how her life breaks down until her birthday (in her mind)...

May - Aunt Hilarie's Birthday
June - Mom Comes
July - Party For 4th of July
August - School Starts Again
September - Her Birthday

That's as far as we got and it seemed to make her excited enough! :)

More later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all those stories are so cute. she is seriously cracking me up with all her stories!!!

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe it! The food thing alone is so amazing. This change was really good foe her I think. You are so great Hil!